Sunday, April 6, 2014

Video games and food

First of all I wanted to say that I really enjoyed the presentation on food and video games that Casey and Joe did on Wednesday.  The part about Grand theft auto was very interesting.  I haven't played any of the grand theft auto games before so I had no idea what to expect.  It's ironic that in the video games they have actual commercials like it is real life.  The ones about the elections were pretty funny.  Anyways, I decided to write about Burger Shot and Cluckin' Bell.  Like Casey already said these two commercials are clearly making fun of Americans for our terrible eating habits and our obesity.  However, I think that the Burger Shot one is specifically on the game to show us that eating to much fast food a.k.a. garbage cause have us end up in a hospital.  The burger that is called the bleeder..... really??  and then it gets worse.. when I saw the 6lb. heart stopper my jaw about dropped.  I can't even imagine trying to eat a burger or any meal that is 6lbs.   In this commercial they show someone calling 911 because he ate so much crap he had heart problems...I wonder why?!  This commercial is a warning to everyone.. If you eat to much greasy fatty food you may have a heart attack and die!      
The Cluckin' Bell commercial was just as terrible.  This commercial bashes America for all the crap we put in/ do to our chickens to make them bigger and more juicy.  Watching this commercial made me not want to eat chicken again...Obviously that didn't happen, but I did give it some thought.  It is incredible that we put so much stuff in the chickens so that they have bigger breasts.  I think that this commercial could also be a warning to not eat so much chicken because of all the junk that gets put in them to fatten them up.  The things we do to our meat is nasty, but yet we all still eat it.   Maybe one day this will all change.... or at least I hope.
Once again good job Casey and Joe!    
  

No comments:

Post a Comment